Pages

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Sepak Takraw


  • Explain the physical activity you participated in. Sepak takraw is a famous sport played in the Philippines, it is a sport similar to volleyball but you are not allowed to touch the ball with you hands, you can only touch the ball with you feet, chest and head.
  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria) If I had to grade myself I would give me an merit. I gave myself a merit because I would all support my teammates by yelling mine, or Kori's, or Autymn name, so that they knew who ball it was and so we all didn't go for the ball at once. I also would give myself an merit because it was hard to kick the ball straight so I would try and find new ways to kick the ball and ways to return it so I could get better, and gave 100% of my ability.
  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation). -Skill level +Previous experience -Equipment
  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples) Skill level affected my participation in a negative way because I wasn't really good at the game and couldn't kick the ball properly, so every time I kicked the ball it would go of into another direction and the other team would get a point. Previous experience affected me in a positive way because I had 0 experience of the game, so it made me more eager to play the game and learn something new. Equipment affect my participation in a negative way because some of the balls where flat and when we would tried and kick the ball it would it would bounce high and go over the net.
  • How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future? To increase my performance I think that I need to try and get my team to learn new things so that they know of to play better. I also think that I need to find knew ways to improve my skills so that I can get more confident,

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jayden. This is a good piece of writing. You made me laugh. Something you could improve on is be in-depth when you write about your examples.

    ReplyDelete