Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Childhood games

  • Explain the physical activity you participated in. The activities we played today was childhood games, the games we could chose to played was leapfrog, skipping, 4 square, hopscotch and octopus. We first started off by playing leapfrog and octopus. After those game we got to chose what we could play and I chose 4 square.
  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria) I gave myself a merit because I was Motivated because It took me back to when I use to play 4 square when I was little. I also gave myself a merit because I was organised and brought my gear to the lesson. I would also give myself a merit because I would always work hard toward my goal which was to get to king and would show enjoyment by laughing when we played leapfrog because it was funny watching people jump over each other.
  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation). + Previous experience +equipment +competition
  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples) Previous experience affected participation in a positive way because I had learn a lot of skills back in primary which made me get a lot of people out in 4 square, this made me want to play more so I could get more people out. Equipment affected my participation in positive way because when we played 4 square the cones were to small, so we decided to use the lines on the ground instead, this made it bigger and better to play in so I could do my skims which made me want to play more. Competition affected participation because everyone was good a 4 square so it made it more fun and enjoyable and made me play more.
How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future?
I think I could increase my participation by making the 4 squares bigger so that It can give me more space to skim the ball and get people out.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jayden,
    I have enjoyed reading your blogpost about playing childhood games. I loved Four Square and Hop Scotch when I went to school and loved playing them with my children when they were growing up. You are right about Leap Frog, it usually ends in laughter as we try to be competitive but fall all over ourselves at the same time! Good idea to make the square bigger in 4 Square to make more space to try different techniques. Do you think you could set up a 4 Square competition for the competitive people at school?
    Tania

    ReplyDelete