Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Wheelchair basketball reflection


  • Explain the physical activity you participated in. The activity we played in was wheelchair basketball. It is just like basketball but in a wheelchair. It is also very hard to play because you have learn to the how to control the wheelchair and ball at the same time. It is a professional sport played around the world, so it was good opportunity for us to play.
  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria) I would grade myself a merit. I gave myself a merit because I would always look to improve my skills by learning and practising our all the skills our instructors taught us and try imply into the game. I would also give myself a merit because I was enhance my partner experience by subbing out so that they know what its like to play. I also gave myself a merit by supporting my peers by getting open so that they could have someone to pass to if they got stuck.
  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list) below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation). Previous experience +, challenge +, Competition
  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples) Previous experience affected my participation a positive way because I had never played wheelchair basketball before so it gave me good opportunity to experience what its like to be in a wheelchair and even play in basketball in it, this made me more eager to play. Challenge affected my participation a positive way because It was very hard to control to the ball and wheel chair at the same time so it gave me challenge to work on and made me want to play more. Competition affected my participation a positive way because no one was good at wheelchair basketball so it made everyone equally as good making it more fun and making me want to play more.
  • How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future?I think that I can increase my participation by learning about wheelchairs and how to control so that I can become better and have more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment